Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pioneer Day

We heathens here in California celebrated Pioneer Day today. To start the day I had the girls grind the oats for their oatmeal, er I mean porridge and then I took them to a goat farm to get their milk. You should see Sabine milk a goat, she's a natural. I didn't take any pictures because I forgot my camera. Sorry. Then this evening we had a fun party at a local park with our ward. The girls had alot of fun playing with friends. Nama and Papa and Aunt Liz came too. And miracle of miracles, Matthew came and was actually there ON TIME. This is huge for him because getting away from work is hard. Here's the pics: The Goat Cart Sabine wouldn't go on. She wouldn't do face painting either:
But Sarah would:
Yummy cake:
I know this is a picture with my child in it, but how cute is that Beatrice all dressed up to play the part of a pioneer? Sabine loves her:
Sarah hung with her homies, and smiled while being held in a chokehold by Austin. Matthew made sure she didn't escape:
Daddy and Sarah:
Sabine played pioneer games and her partner did all the work while she stood and stared. She had NO idea what was going on. It was funny:

2 comments:

Paige said...

Yup, great heathen minds! I didn't get to meet Aunt Liz. I'm sad. Jeff got there on time too. It was a miracle. Cute Bea and Sabine.

One small thing- I think you have a smudge on your camera lens. I had the same one yesterday. Little spit and it's good as new.

J said...

Cute pics of the girls. Can I please have a piece of that cake that Sabine is eating?