Monday, July 14, 2008

Is it ever enough?

Today my day started (warning: long post ahead) with Sabine at my bedside saying "Mom, what we doin' today?" That got me out of bed because I did actually have to be somewhere bright and early. So in a quick 1/2 hour I got the girls ready and in the car. There hair wasn't perfect and they had egg on their faces but I was on time. My first stop was to visit my Visiting Teachee who has girls for my girls to play with. It's great. On the way there, Sabine and I had this conversation:
S- "Mom, where we goin'?"
M- "To Kylie's house for a little while."
S- "Oh, den where?"
M- "Then we're going to Daddy's store to give him his computer cord."
S- "Den where?"
M- "Then home to play and eat some lunch and take naps."
S- "Den where Mom?"
M- "We have some things to do after naps, okay?"
S- "Okay."

So after our morning of visiting, driving, playing, eating and napping we had the afternoon to tackle. Nevermind the cleaning that happened between all of this already. After naps, we got into the car again. We had another conversation too:
S- "Mom, where we goin'?"
M- "To the library to get some new books and DVD's."
S- "Den where we goin'?"
M- "Then we're goin' to Costco to get some stuff. Do you want pizza for dinner?"
S- "Yeah, pizza. What we doin' after we eat ah pizza?"
M- "Um, probably we'll go to the park to wear you out."
S- "What park?"
M- "Just the park by our house."
S- "Oh, and den what?"
M- "Then home for baths and bedtime."
S- "Oooohhhh, dats aaaaallllll, Mom?"

That's All!!!!!! What more would Sabine have me do today? What more is required of me? I'll tell you what. I will sit in my bed and read my book and eat a bowl of yummy chocolatey ice cream and rest my body. I may fill the girls days with stuff to do and feed them and make sure their hair is done, but this is their favorite part of any day:
Daddy time, it's the best:

2 comments:

Paige said...

Daddies can READ?? I thought they only knew how to watch TV. I've gotta ask Jeff if he knows how to read.

Caitlin said...

Daddy time is the best in our house too. Emma and Landen are BEST FRIENDS and that's just fine with me.