Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Little Things


That picture may not look like much to some people, but I love happening upon stuff like this in my home. Here's the big picture: The fun part of having a toddler is the randomness of it. My bathroom is off limits to the kids because it's a danger zone. They could go in there and get their hands on a myriad of product and sharp stuff. Which is why I always get a smile on my face when I see a toy that is Sarah's calling card, if you will, that she has been there. She always leaves behind a toy because she drops it to get to the good stuff. And I usually find it when she's snug in bed for a nap. Then I miss her. I love when toddlers are done with a toy and they just chuck it wherever they may be standing just then. Sarah does the backwards chuck while walking if she sees something she'd rather play with. It's so funny because I would love to know what is going on in her head. Like when she placed the above farm animals on the entry table, what was she thinking? This is what I think she's thinking "La la la, dee dee dee. Nothing to do, nothing to do. Sooooooo bored." A half hour later these toys will show up somewhere else in the house. One time all of my coasters were missing. I found them a month later in between two pictures in frames that we had propped in a corner of the living room. If I am missing a DVD I know it is shoved into a drawer of a side board. Pushed right through the slot. I find toys on kitchen table chairs, on (not in) the toilet, and in my bed. My personal favorite is finding things in my purse. Those pictures above are something that makes me happy. If the only thing I had to do everyday was randomly place toys around the house, I'd be a happy camper. What a life. Here's the cute culprit: