Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Because I Feel Like I Have To

And because I'm sick of seeing my last post everytime I click onto my blog. I'm keeping the girls pretty busy this Summer and it is wearing me right out. It wears them out to, which can only be a good thing. Sarah spent an hour at the pool today trying to drown herself. After awhile I thought maybe I should just see what she'd do if I didn't save her. We sat on the steps playing together so it was a controlled situation but she is SO active in the water. I decided to keep saving her because I am terrified about Dry Drowning. The pool hour just about did me in. Time for water/swim lessons for the kiddos so that I can lounge on a chair next Summer while they play. I'll keep a good eye out whilst I drink my DC. Anyway, back to busy. Here's what we did on Monday and Tuesday for fun.

We went to Sacramento to see Aunt Sue and Sabine played Mario Cart (sp?) on her Wii. She actually did really well:

We left Susan and went to see Aunt Shar in Pollock Pines. They live around a lot of dust. This is what Sabine's feet looked like at dinner: We bathed them in the hot tub:
On Tuesday, I took them with Aunt Liz to a movie. We saw Stuart Little at the free movie festival for kids:
Sarah wouldn't pose for a picture. ARGH! She's pretty much over the whole posing thing. Can I really blame her? This morning she got a disk frisbee stuck on her head. She started crying and I came a'runnin. Then I ran right back out to grab my camera because is was FUNNY but Sabine saved the day before I got back. Sarah wants a Mom, not a personal photographer.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

I'm terrified of dry drowning, too. When we're at pools, Emma spends 3/4 of the time under water. It's scares me.

Cathy said...

What is dry drowning??? You look like you are having a fun summer. My kids feet look like that at the end of every day...yuck!