Does food ever call out your name? Like this "Shauna, oh Shauna, over here. Come eat me, I'm yummy." Along with food, I have this problem with sweets, chocolate, cakes, cookies, candy, pretty much anything with sugar in it. I
always give in. I can't help myself. I have no self control. Drumroll please-These bags of candy have been
in my house for 6 full days and night and I have not yet torn them open and devoured the contents:



Everytime I'm looking for my next treat (hourly) these bags of candy start calling my name. I have purposefully tucked them into the closet so I can't see them all day. When I took them out to take pictures I started to hyperventilate and sweat. Actually I took the pics directly
after I filled my stomach with two scoops of Baskin Robbins ice cream ($1 scoop Tuesday ya'll) so that they wouldn't appeal to me. I wasn't so worried about the Chicks & Bunnies because last year around this time I had an unfortunate case of the flu that coincided with me eating a whole bag of them on the long drive home from Utah to California. Michele and I
have to rehash this story on the phone at least once a week (she was with me on the trip) and I always mention the fact that I will NEVER eat those chicks again because of the fond memories I have of seeing them come back up. But who am I kidding? That's the bag I want to tear open the most. "
Cheep, Cheep, Cheep." "I'm a cute bunny Shauna, come nibble at my cute little ears!" Well, that's where their wrong. I don't nibble. I devour.
How many days til Easter?
8 comments:
Funny that you're blogging about this.......here's why......last week I bought 2 bags of chicks and bunnies for my kids thinking I would ignore them if they were on the high shelf in my closet. Well last night at around 7pm I would have been VERY embarrassed if someone had walked in my closet b/c they would have found me behind the door......chewing.
Michele, don't try disguising yourself as Lauren. We all know the real culprit!
ok that wasn't Lauren pretending to be a parent. Somehow my comment was on her email account. Although it would be her should be easter candy I was eating.
Well, I think you're just being wasteful. Morally, you're obligated to eat all of that candy now and run out and get more before Easter gets here. In fact, I'm already two bags of chicks and rabbits into Easter already!
Ok girls....you are killing me! You are talking to a woman who needs to loose about 30 pounds here! Please be kind to my cravings!
cathy- don't you know pastel colored candy doesn't have calories?? :)
Okay, Shauna I can completely relate to this post! I bought some Easter candy a week ago at Target and literally threw it up in the highest cupboards to keep myself from getting into it. I even had to get a chair and climb up to retrieve.
So far, all I have gotten down was a Snickers Egg and a Cadbury Egg. Sad, but I thought it would be much worse, so I am actually proud of myself.
Post a Comment