I got nuthin'. Really. I have nothing to blog about. This happens from time to time and I just get creative. But this week it seems as though I've lost that particular edge. The only thing I do have is this:
I have 2 new obsessions (Thanks, Dad!). The first one came a few weeks ago when I got my free hit counter set up on my blog. It was great for about a day until I became obsessed with watching the number grow. And then I wouldn't blog for a few days and I would see that in that time period I had had like 50 hits and oh my gosh that's a lot of people I'm disappointing and what if they stop checking out my blog because I'm boring and blah, blah, blah! So I made myself get over that whole thing. I still have the counter but I don't let it pressure me. And then I got the site meter.
Bad idea. Bad idea=New obsession. Only worse. The site meter allows me to see who, exactly is looking at my blog. I know when they look, how long they look and what other blogs they click onto. The first day I had it I checked it almost every hour, just for fun. It's not fun anymore. Now I know that all those hits I was getting on my counter were from the same handful of people. I wasn't as popular as I thought I was. The good thing is, is that I can see who is obsessed with me. There are a few people out there that think I update my blog every hour. I know this because they check my blog every hour. See how it's a vicious circle of all of these people checking in on each other endlessly. Now, I must say that the repeat offenders are people that I want to look at my blog alot. That's why I got the sitemeter, to see if any wacko's show up. So far, none. Anyway, this morning when I realized that I'm in a blogging rut, I got worried. What will they (my blog readers) think? What will they do without me? See, here again I think I'm popular. The truth is everyone will be just fine with out me for a few days or weeks. How ever long it may take. I'll still check my sitemeter because I'm partially nuts. Don't despair though. The world may blow up tommorrow, and then I'll have something to blog about. Well, gotta go check my meter!
10 comments:
I did the same thing with my sitemeter. I checked it for a week and realized that the same 5 people read my blog over and over again.
WHAT? Say it isn't SO!! You have no idea the humiliation I feel right now. I'll come right out and say that I check your blog about 5 times a day, because I have nothing better to do with my life and because you're funny and I always hope you've said something else funny.
What's WORSE is that if your friends who are one of lots of sisters have sitemeters too, they will probably send the cops my way soon, because I keep such an eye on their lives, you'd think I was BFF's with all of them. What a rude thing, to get somebody interested in your blog, and then spy on THEM! What's this world coming to when you can't be a voyeur in private!?
I need to think about this...
WHAT? Say it isn't SO!! You have no idea the humiliation I feel right now. I'll come right out and say that I check your blog about 5 times a day, because I have nothing better to do with my life and because you're funny and I always hope you've said something else funny.
What's WORSE is that if your friends who are one of lots of sisters have sitemeters too, they will probably send the cops my way soon, because I keep such an eye on their lives, you'd think I was BFF's with all of them. What a rude thing, to get somebody interested in your blog, and then spy on THEM! What's this world coming to when you can't be a voyeur in private!?
I need to think about this...
Wow-Kristin felt so strongly about what she had to say thah she sent it twice!! I agree.....you can't get us hooked on a blog then say you need some time off. I need something to do when I'm eating my mini wheats in the morning. I don't care if your just telling me you have a new pimple........we just need something!!!!
Nappy, I can't control myself. You're too entertaining to read.
I LOVE mini-wheats. They are my favorite cereal. Kristin, I want to relieve your shock a little bit. In your case, I have never seen a site check from the Portland area. So, your time on my blog is probably being rerouted to another server that is checking in for your computer. Does that make sense? I thought you never check my blog because I never get Portland marked on the map or even anything close. Rest easy. I have NO idea when you check. Now Michele on the other hand...
Also, the other blogs you check are open to the public. If people don't want their blogs looked at, they should make them private. We ALL look at other people's blogs.
Thanks Shaun, for trying to make me feel better. If I understood your techno-speak, I'm sure I'd feel some relief. Let's just hope those same re-routers are doing their job when I spend hours reading your friends blogs, and their friends, and so on, and so on and...
Kristin I bet Paige and her sisters would love to have you as their new friend.....after all you do know everything about them now-and thats not too creepy.
Very funny Michele! And I have to say that on the Creep-o-meter I give this whole blogging thing an 8. Now that all my beans have been spilled, and taking into consideration the competitive nature of my sisters, I also have to say this: Cathy, Jenny and Caitlin, I also read your blogs 5 times a day. There, now you're all even.
Don't worry Kristin...I'm an obsessive blog reader, too. I'm sure Paige and Celia would love to know that I check their blogs as often as everyone else's. Sitemeter's do make you feel a little dumb though, I'm glad that I know they even exist now so I can keep my blog checking under control.
Post a Comment