Sabine made alot of people proud when she finally took to being brave and taking her dreaded X-rays. We went in on Wednesady, just the three of us- Sabine, me and Sue Sue. We had to do some hardcore entertainment in the outer waiting area where noisy toddlers go. She danced to kill time, listening to music off of Sue's cellphone. My favorites were "Dancing Queen" and "I Wanna Be Sedated". That last song was matching my sentiments exactly. Our first try at the x-rays were less than good. Sabine cried for an hour until I finally took her home. Aunt Susan came down for the 2nd try so that she could go in with Sabine. They were in there for 5 MINUTES when the tech came out and said they were finished and asked if this was the same child from the other day. She did so well and I made a big deal of it because she was so scared. She got alot of praise, and prizes. Susan gave her a toy, cookies and lots of love. I went to Target with her to buy the princess shoes she wanted, only to leave with a puzzle instead (her choice, not mine).


Well, today we had this conversation:
Sab-"Mom, I took 2 x-rays so I get 2 prizes."
Me-"You did get 2 prizes."
Sab-"No! We need go back to Target and get me princess shoes."
Me-"You wanted this puzzle."
Sab-"We need take it back to da store. Dem mad we have it. Dey want it back. Let's go."
Me-"Uh, I don't think so."
Sab-"Mooooooooom!"
She's becoming a tad bit spoiled. I have someone to blame (Susan) and when Sabine is 16 and needing to be sent to Boarding School, I'll send her to Sue instead. I'm very proud of my kid, who by the way, is just fine. The lump was just a swollen lymph node. It's almost gone and her x-rays were fine. Okay, I've had the sick kids this year. Someone else's turn. And I mean that in the nicest way. This is Sabine practicing at Nama's house:


Waiting like a big girl and dancing her heart out:



All done, Thanks Aunt Susan:

No comments:
Post a Comment