Monday, March 24, 2008

Blogging Trauma!

This was a level 1 trauma on the scale of blogging trauma. Last night it took me two hours to finish my post. It should have taken 10 minutes and I was indeed feeling the side effects. Trauma can be both physical and mental. I suffered mental anguish for 2 hours while my computer kept doing really funky things to my post. It would scramble all of the words, then makes all the letters like an inch high and then disappear completely. And ALL of this was happening while I tried to watch The Big Give. So because I was suffering in the head I had to medicate myself with candy. After trying to fix the problem for a looooong time, I finally started taking breaks. I would get up and get candy, eat my handful and sit back down for more mental anguish. In the end I had a pretty hefty belly ache because the candy sat atop a huge bowl of ice cream in my stomach. I was really starting to lose it. Finally, FINALLY, I somehow figured out that I had to delete the first line of my post. How I figured that I don't know but it worked, although it still posted in a funky pink color that I did not choose. Here was the first line: HAPPY that EASTER is over! Except for the HAPPY EASTER part was really big and colored purple, and the other three words were really, really small. So the effect was really cool, but I think that that is what started getting so screwy with my post. Are you with me here? I did not want to take out my favorite line and I was mad that I had to. I actually got really upset that I had such a bad blogging experience. I obviously take this way to seriously. Maybe I do need to take a blogging break. Like a real one where I don't even check out other blogs. I was so exhausted by the time I published my post that I almost cried. Well, not almost, I did let a few tears slip only because I had an audience (Matthew). I almost threw in the towel last night and told myself I hate blogging. Yet here I am. But if that ever happens again I won't be able to blog anymore because my computer will be sitting at my feet, shattered to smithereens from me throwing it against anything hard enough to shatter it.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I thought the pretty pink text color was an Easter celebration! Anyway, way to remember your self-medicating techniques. When all else fails, bring out the candy!

Paige said...

I'm so sorry for your trauma. A blogging break is not the answer. A new computer is. Matthew will be thrilled that your "free" blogging past time ends up costing him a fortune.

moodymadness said...

Ok, there is something going on with your blog. Did you know that it doesn't let me out of it? I can press the back button a million times, and still, it keeps me here. I have to completely "X" out of it to get rid of you!!! I love you Nappy, just not that much! I thought it was one of your dirty tricks to keep us reading more....