Friday, March 14, 2008

How do YOU spell relief?

For me, it came in the form of a phone call this morning. It was Sabine's doctor telling me that I have a healthy daughter who just happens to have strep throat and a swollen lymph node. I had to wait 19 hours for the call and it was not fun. Here's the dirt:

During a casual lunch with Dad yesterday, I noticed that Sabine's face didn't look right. I had her look at me and I saw a lump forming under her right jaw bone and up onto the cheek area. I was scared. I don't like lumps. So I took her home and called the doctor. When she first saw Sabine she said "swollen lymph node, but let's check for strep and we need a CBC (complete blood count)." Strep check-Positive. Augmentin to clear it up. One lollie pop later and it's off to the lab to have some blood work. I try to keep positive about things but this was scaring me. I couldn't keep my mind away from the big "C" word. I have a hard time saying it when it relates to my child. Sabine was a trooper at the lab. She let them do what they needed to, and got another lollie pop and some stickers. I didn't even mind when she sat on my lap during the draw and hollered for Dad and Aunt Sue Sue. I wanted them too. When we left the lab I started my wait for results. I let my mind do some heavy wandering and it made me exhausted. I couldn't believe all that had gone on because Sabine was acting so healthy and still is. When her doctor called, she was jumping on the couch and flying through the air. Sabine enjoyed 20 good hours of being spoiled and it abruptly ended when I was told her labs came back normal. I breathed a huge sigh of relief and resumed my healthy child mommy attitude. Sabine noticed the change and wasn't too happy about it. One minute she's getting a brownie for breakfast and the next she's in time out. I'm sooooo thankful that this was nothing serious. I'm especially thankful for healthy kids. Here are some pictures. They are not the best, as Sabine didn't really want the pictures taken. But I have a blog to do people. Can't blog without pictures:

It's good to see she is still her silly self. She insisted on this pose. It's her favorite silly face.

And how cute is this little girl? Thank goodness Aunt Liz could help out yesterday and take Sarah for me. I never could have gotten through the afternoon without her help. Thanks Aunt Liz!

2 comments:

Paige said...

How scary! I'm glad she's OK but a lump would totally freak me out too. And I'd be happy to watch sweet Sarah anytime...

moodymadness said...

Holy heck! Those pictures scare me! Thank goodness she's ok!