
It's a Toyota Sienna. And, gulp, I must say I was rather impressed. It had EVERYTHNG. GPS, DVD player, climate control in each zone, leather, and was super comfy and cozy. Not to mention roomy. Now, being in this van for 13 hours gave me some time to think. This is what I thought about; Why do I hate mini-vans? Here's the answer- I hate their shape. It needs improvement. I'm not quite sure what shape I want it to be, just anything different than what it currently is. Maybe more Suburbanish. I also think they have silly names. Sienna, Odyssey, Windstar, Caravan (caravan????). They could come up with better. And last but not least, I hate the name "mini-van". That needs to change too. I don't want to drive a van, let alone a mini one. I'd be all into driving a mini-suburban. I guess I have issues with vans. So here I am saying I guess I don't hate them, I just wish some things would change about them. I would still never buy one. That would require me to eat too many of my words. I would feel like a sell-out if I bought one since I've spent years saying I never would. That's all. Oh, Paige, I'll be awaiting your "I told you so" comment:)
11 comments:
I think all minivans should be shaped like the Porsche Cayenne. Then everybody would want one. I do. I don't think it's a minivan though. Just a cool shape on a big car.
Yup, it's a good car. I won't disappoint- ITYS. You can't deny who you are at heart- a mini van driving mom. Even if you never drive one (which I highly doubt), you can't avoid the label. Please also tell me you will never get your kids a cell phone or let them be in a slutty dance show.
Oh crap!!! I thought for sure you had bought that van when I saw the picture. I should have known better! You just need to be more like me - I don't give a stink what I drive as long as it gets me from point A to B. I, obviously, have to have that attitude or else how could I show my face in public?
I think minivans are very practical cars and always have cool features in them. But, I'm with you, I don't like how they look or the fact that they're a "mini-van". Landen feels the same way so I don't see us ever buying one.
Hey Shauna, I am with you. Micro-bus or mini-van is the same way of sayin you aren't driving for pleasure but as a BUS driver. Who wants to be a bus driver? Who wants to drive a box with wheels on each corner? Lots of responsibility and no respect! Stick to your guns and drive that Volvo all around town...
Hey, I loved my mini-van, and I'm not afraid to say it! I didn't even have the greatest looking mini-van either. But, it was like riding around in my living room, the second row was captains chairs-so my kids didn't fight. It had a small aisle way to walk down, so no climbing over seats like in my suburban. Shout out to the mini-van lovers...I know you're out there!
We traded my black BMW 325i in for the mininvan, happend to fall on my 30th birthdaty ... a sad, dark day.
Dear Expert,
On the upside, you didn't end up in jail. Nothing dark about that!
Hmmm ... sounds like you heard the WHOLE story, Kristin. All just memories now. No need to drag those up.
For those of us who don't
know the jail story...please share.
That would need to take place somewhere a bit more private.
Post a Comment