When Judy (the nurse practitioner) came into the room and saw all of us she gave me a pretty good sneer. I used my excuse again and she turned the sneer into a semi-I don't believe you smile. So with Sabine happily sitting in a chair reading a Dora book and Sarah standing right beside her, let the fun begin. For Sarah, I mean. While my "bwoken leg" (this is why Sabine thought I was at the Dr.) was being looked at, Sarah started doing laps around the table I was on. She did 4 laps during the whole exam. If Judy, who was sitting on a stool, got in her way, Sarah gave her a little shove so she could squeeze on through. This made me giggle. I had to hold it in. When I got down off the table I saw that Sarah had scattered some "things" all over the floor. These "things" came from a freebie bin on the wall. I had to gather them and put them back. Somehow the diaper bag fell to the floor and left a hefty pile of crushed gold fish, cheerios and other snack foods as I picked it up. I couldn't really ask for a vacuum, so I left it and just hope they don't link it to me. Just so you know, my kids were AWESOME during my appoinment. I rewarded them with M&M's from the pharmacy down stairs. Sabine poses with her treat and thought to show you the sticker a nice nurse gave her. It's on her knee. She also has on big girl undies:
Friday, May 16, 2008
I Have Kids. Deal With It.
Today I went to the doctor. You know, the doctor. Like the one who hands you your child as they enter the world, doctor. Anyway, this was a last minute appointment and I made the decision that my kids were coming with me. Could I have found a babysitter within an hour? Probably. But definitely not worth the hassle. My kids come lots of places with me. They are very well behaved. On the way I worried that maybe my doctor wouldn't appreciate me and my cargo. I practiced looking and acting frazzled and coming up with an excuse as to why the kids were with me. I went with this, "I'm so sorry my kids are with me. They would not stay with the babysitter. I can't leave behind a screaming child. Sorry." Everything was fine until Sarah decided to do her business in the waiting room. It was embarassingly stinky and had to be taken care of stat. So she had a diaper change on the bathroom floor (GROSS) and now I have this diaper that I can't put in their garbage. Hmmmm. Desperate times. Right before I went to the Dr., we went to Matthew's store. To appease the kids he gave them a huge ziploc bag with some pretzels in it. Well thank goodness I had that because in went the diaper. See:
While I had my vitals taken, Sarah sat on my lap and snacked on pretzels next to the sign that read "No food or Drink in this area." For good measure she had a swig of milk too.
We all left happy. Sabine and Sarah, happy that this appoinment had nothing to do with them. Me, happy because I left with an RX for my "bwoken leg." Am I embarassed by this post? Um, no. Because at least I didn't post this or this. M&M's make Sarah happy. This is her with a mouthful and a handful:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
M&M's make everyone happy, not just Sarah. I love that she pushed the nurse out of the way. That's so something Emma would do.
True enough! But then, I don't need an, um, "RX" for my toesies!
I can't be the only reader who would like to know where the pretzels came from that Sarah snacked on. Post-diaper incident. Please clarify.
Uhm, my 'bwoken wrist' was really an exam for????
I did the same thing this week. My kid tried to take sips from the pee tester cups. I almost died.
(Paige's sister)
Post a Comment