Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sabineism

I could post a new conversation everyday that I have with Sabine. She makes me laugh all the time with the things she says. Today we went to the park. It's within walking distance but I drove because sometimes I'm lazy. On the way home I wanted to see if there was a gate around a closer park that was part of a preschool. And if there was a gate, was it jumpable? Yes, there is a gate, no, it's not jumpable. So on the way home from there Sabine started this conversation:
S-"Mom, I gotta use da potty do dat I can go to dool (school)."
M-"Yup, you can only go to school if you wear undies and use the potty. When are you gonna start using the potty?"
S-"Um, on Daterday when Daddy comes home. He be home in dive minutes. Den I use da potty."

Matthew is not out of town like she makes it sound. She just pulled Saturday out from somewhere in her little mind. And EVERYTHING to Sabine lately is "in dive minutes." Maybe I should start saying "in ten minutes" and throw her off.

This is funny. This morning I told Sabine her computer time was up. She got mad and started telling me "NO." So I told her she isn't allowed to tell me "no." She said very matter of factly "Well, den dop telling ME no!"
The End!

5 comments:

My Life as a DM Copywriting "Expert" said...

I don't know Shauna, maybe you should just give up now and let her be in charge.

Kristin said...

I'm trying to figure out which sport Sabine is prepared for in her photo.

moodymadness said...

Ah, I love it. I hope she keeps giving you a hard time until she's 30!

Caitlin said...

She's adorable. Looks like you got a daughter like me instead of me getting one. On the other hand, Emma doesn't really talk yet. I may have to take it back in a year or so.

Anonymous said...

Shauna has Sabine ever put you in time out? Just curious.