For almost three years I have been looking forward to the day that I get to potty train Sabine. Especially when Sarah came along and I was doing double doody, er I mean duty. So when Sarah was the one who got Sabine to potty train I felt duped. Nothing like being shamed into using the potty, which is how it all happened. Sarah peed on the potty the other day (see previous post) and that was all it took. Sabine has been using the potty ever since and has not had ONE accident. She does everything herself including washing her hands. I help her when "major business" comes along but she does everything else. When she's all done she yells for me to come see her "pee pees." When I get in the bathroom, she points to her potty as is she were showing off a diamond necklace and says "Ta Da!!!" I don't even have to hand out the M&M's anymore. She's totally into it. Today she took a 3 hour nap in her undies and woke up dry. Dad bought her a gift card to Barnes and Noble and she bought herself some prizes. And today we went and bought new undies with Disney princess characters all over them. She is so proud of herself and I am too. She's really done most of this by herself and I help when she needs it. I looked forward to this for so long and now that it's here I'm sad. I mean I'm happy but it's just one more thing that means Sabine is getting older. She is so capable of getting through a day without requiring my help and now I WANT to help her. I will never (cross fingers) change a diaper on her again and that makes me feel bad. If I could I would pause Sabine's life right where it is and keep her with me forever. But, I want her to grow up and be her own person and she can't very well do that if I don't accept her getting bigger. I know this is JUST potty training, but I feel like she is gaining steam and will not slow down until she leaves me and gets married and gives me grandkids. And I really didn't mean for this post to go in this direction but I love my kids immensly. It's hard to see her becoming so independent. I guess that's why we are given children though. To help them learn their way in this huge world. I think I need to go sit in a corner and cry now. Here are some pictures of my child. My gosh, she's not even a toddler anymore. Boo Hoo. Sob.
I think potty pics are cute and acceptable to publish.
Here is Sarah giving Sabine the heaveho off the potty (she wants to use it):
SUCCESS:
Sabine and her Doody Booty (sorry)- She's holding her new undies:
She insisted on doing 2 pictures with Ariel:
2 comments:
Hey Shauna, do photos of you on the potty show up on the internet? What will Sabine think about running for President of the USA and having the news hounds come up with potty photos?????? OK, we get the excitement but for heavens sake, give the girl(s) some privacy!!!
Congratulations!!! JUst another hurdle you made it over! It is hard to see your kids grow up, it makes me sad so I try not to think about it.
The girls are darling!
Post a Comment