At first I was very reluctant to let Sabine be friends with Dora. Dora kind of bugs me. She's ultra chipper and overly excited about silly things. I think Dora could use a good dose of reality. Like, "Hey Dora, did you know most 5 year olds (or however old she is) don't run through jungles and forests and cross rivers on the backs of friendly alligators and ride with monkeys in hot-air balloons?" Her answer would be "Let's go Boots (her sidekick), this pessimist can't get me down!" But then one day I heard Sabine speaking spanish. And Dora was not even on the T.V. at that particular moment. And it's not just that. Sabine routinely uses the magnifying glass at Dad's store to "find clues." When we are in the car or on a walk she likes to tell me which path to take. I draw the line at buying products that have Dora plastered all over them, but Sabine can freely be friends with her. At the grocery store, while I walk the aisles, Sabine cheers me on saying "Come on Mom, you can do it!" For the past few days, Sabine has been drawing maps. When she's done, she hands me my map and we walk around together using our maps to find places such as Blueberry Hill (the kitchen), The Gooey Geyser (the bathroom) and Tallest Mountain (my bedroom). This is what our maps look like:
You could imagine my confusion while I'm trying to find "the singing ocean." There are just so many paths to choose from. Sabine is nothing if not thourough. I read my map incorrectly quite often and stand correction from Sabine most humbly. How could I not see that I'm headed for "the cornfield" and not "butterfly garden" like I'm supposed to be.
Sabine has found a good friend in Dora. I'm glad for her. Es muy bien. No?
3 comments:
I on the other hand have watched a LOT of Dora, and appreciate her spunk and enthusiasm.
Try watching Caiou (the bald kid) he's a boring whiner.r
Can't do Caillou. He bugs.
Sabine is seriously a genius. My kids have watched years of Dora and absorbed nothing.
Post a Comment