I understand that children will potty train when THEY are ready and not a minute before. That doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. I dream about the day when Sabine tells me she doesn't ever want to wear a diaper again. That will be a happy day. I do what I can, i.e-bought a potty, bought a book, rented Go, Potty, Go, bought undies. These things all excite Sabine but she is still not there. I buy diapers and wipes in bulk at Cost-co. I get a case of size 4's for Sarah and a case of size 5's for Sabine. Plus a case of wipes. In my home I have one whole cabinet devoted to these items and the extra that does not fit gets crammed elsewhere. Looky here:

I need this space for other things. I want the size 5's to go. Sabine likes to wear her undies over her diaper, and once in awhile without. She did this yesterday and had an accident. Like I said, not ready. This prompted me to have a Phake Phone Call. If you don't know what that is, click onto Celia's blog
here and read all about it. If your too lazy to do that, you're missing out on a very funny post. Anyway a Phake Phone Call is just that, fake. I Phaked a phone call to Daddy. Here was my conversation with my telephone:
Me-"Hey, yeah, you'll never guess who's wearing her big girl undies."
Phone-Dead silence
M-"Sabine is. Can you believe that? She is SUCH a big girl wearing her undies."
P-Again, silence
M-"I know, I'm so proud of her. Maybe she'll use the potty today. That would be awesome."
P-Silence
M-"Yeah, make sure you call and tell Nama and Sue Sue."
P-Silence
M-""Okay. Yup I know such a big girl. Bye.
Sabine sat throught this whole conversation gloating in my bragging over her. Not a minute later she was having a Phake Phone Call herself. Just imagine the phone part on your own:
Sab-"Hi Dada. Yup, I wearin' me big undies. Yeah, I a big giwl. Make dure you tell Nama and Papa and Due Due and Antie Wiz and um, Darah dat I wearin' my big undies. Okay, bye Dada, wuv ya."
I think in the near future Cost-co might be calling me to tell me they don't have anymore of Sabine's diapers.
6 comments:
I think you are great for applying the wisdom your learned from blogging to your own life. See, blogging is NOT a waste of time.
That's SO funny. Why bother calling Costco about diapers? Sabine will just phake phone them back and have a truck load delivered to your door. She's totall got your number! So to speak.
So cute! I can't even think of possibly attempting to potty train...when the time comes of course. It seems impossible. Keep up the good work!
Oh man, I been laughing since a half hour ago when I saw this. I was thinking the same thing ... I think you might have to bypass Sabina and try the fake call with Sarah now, because Sabina's got it figured out. Kristin's comment made me lose it.
I can just see, "Uh, hi. Costco, this is Sabina Griffiths. my mom needs more diapers. Oh, ok great. I'll tell my mom.
Mom, they have some now! I just called.
That is so funny. I love your stock of diapers and wipes. I still have some size 4's from Sam...I'm just waiting for Jack. Sabine does have your number....you are going to have to come up with something ingenious to fool that girl.
SO funny Stephen.....and so true!!
Post a Comment