Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Who's the adult here?


Sabine tells it like it is. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to an adult. Today I tried to get her to nap. She won't really nap anymore much to my dismay, but I still try. Today I made her stay in the bed for an hour before she got out. When she came into the kitchen to see me she said:

S-"Mom, I'm done takin' naps!"
M-"Oh, you are. Why?"
S-"Because Mom, I'm done!
M-"Okay."

I felt a little bit stupid. The way she said it to me was how an adult would degrade another adult. This next stuff makes me laugh. Matthew calls me "Nique". I hate the nickname but I think it's stuck in his head. Anyway a few weeks ago I was sitting on the couch and Sabine came up to me and says:

"How you doin' Nique?"

I just started to laugh and she goes "Huh Nique? How you doin'?"

But the best is this. One day last week I was getting after Sabine for something. She didn't like me doing that and told me to "Cool it, Nique!" That is a direct quote from her Dad. I love her. She makes me laugh everyday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sabine is getting so big!

Kristin said...

That's funny! Imagine that - two smart alecks raising a smart aleck kid! Wait till Sarah's talking and they can then banter. Oh the fun! I LOVE the picture of Sabine.