Saturday, April 5, 2008

Blogging Vocabulary

I think blogging is fun. It's a weird world to be in. Something I really like about it is the Vocab. At first I thought I was the only one that used certain words.. Actually I thought I made them up. But then I heard other's use them and then I felt not so smart. Here is a list of my Fave's:

Blogosphere- The great world of blogging.

Blogging Break- Taking a break from posting because you're weak.(just kidding.)

Blogging Trauma- Having a bad blogging session that leads to trauma, be it physical or mental.
Spouses may also suffer from this if the blogger gets physical with them.

Lurker-One who looks at your blog and doesn't let you know. Lurkers are not necessarily strangers. They may be your next door neighbor.

Blogapalooza-A blogging party that is happening in May that I can't go to because I have to
go out for my 6th wedding anniversary instead, er I mean I get to go out.

Blogging Addict- A person who is addicted to blogging. Whether it be reading, writing or lurking them.

Blogging Victims- In my case, it's these two, because I do it while they are awake and they
don't have any choice in what pictures I post of them:

BA or Bloggers Anonymous- No explanation needed here. I feel as though one day, I will be laughing with my sponsor about my blogging days.

And for the people who are still asking "What does blog stand for anyway?" in a really snobby tone, it is short for "WEB-LOG". Do you get it now? BLOG!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Has Matthew lost weight?

Anonymous said...

i know.....look at his arms!!

Sally said...

Excellent topic! Don't forget The Bloggernacle--it's the term for all the mormon blogs.

This is why I don't have a blog. I am already addicted to reading blogs. I can't imagine how much more I would neglect my children and housework if I were thinking about blog topics, formulating the post in my head, and checking compulsively for stats.

Paige said...

Yeah, this is good. You should put it on wikipedia.

Can you please change your anniversary???

Celia Fae said...

No kidding. Change it. My anniversary always sucks anyway. Six years? No big whoop. Bring my BFF, kay?

Jenibelle said...

I always thought BA meant Bad A**, I love being wrong about certain things~~

Also, LOVE Pillars of the Earth, read it twice!! Good taste in books!