The Huntress:

The Hunted:

The Trapping:

The Trap and Release:

Here's how Sabine dealt with the whole thing:

Why do these thing happen when there are no men around? It is beyond me to smush a spider into my carpet with a shoe. That leaves catching it. Matthew wasn't home and I was getting ready to go out the door to meet up with him so this had to be dealt with. Can't just leave a spider roaming in my house. I quickly threw a cup over this spider and went and had a heebie jeebie session in my kitchen. I talked to myself about how I had to get the spider out of the house because I KNOW they can tip cups and escape. I documented my journey so that others see that if I can do it, so can they. When I think of spiders I want to throw-up. And Sabine was actually with her Dad. I just love that picture of her above and needed a way to work it into my blog. Thank goodness this kind of spider didn't jump. You know, the jumpy ones. Oooooo, shivers!
4 comments:
I ALWAYS have to have a heebie jeebie session when I see a spider. Recently I've witnessed 2 different spiders fall from ceilings. One at Michele's house, we thought it fell into the pocket of Kevin's shirt. That was enough reason for a major freak out. Then at my in-laws a spider almost fell on me and Lindsey. Then she had to kill it with her shoe. I don't like being involved AT ALL with spiders. You were brave.
I also try to Catch and Release when at all possible. I loathe spiders, but I understand their right to live.
I'll only kill a spider under two conditions: If it surprises me, then I kill it. No, I pulverize it. Like there's nothing to clean up when I'm done. Because it needs to be taught a lesson and I'm acting on sheer adrenaline from the surprise. And if the spider is a jumping spider, it must die. I take no prisoners with jumpers.
And when the whole thing is done, no matter what happened to the spider, I convulse for 5 minutes afterwards. It looks a lot like Jennifer Beals dancing in Flashdance.
Hi Shaun,
I go to my computer to see if I have any new comments every 2 and a half minutes. Is that too often?
kk.
I hate spiders, but something about being the mom makes me angry and pissed at spiders, instead of afraid, and I can kill those little spiders with no fear. It's amazing. I have even killed baby spiders with my finger! How sad, baby spiders.
The photo of Sabine is fantastic and deserves to be framed.
Post a Comment