This one is for you, Michele.
Remember when we were children and we went on a nice family outing for some YUMMY Friendly's ice cream?
I was 10ish and pretty much lived in a world of my own. Rarely was I "with" everyone else and what was going on. On this particular evening as we left Friendly's I slowly and distractedly sauntered my way over to the family wagon.
Being the good child I was, I immediately closed my door and buckled up. When I was done with that I looked up to see an Asian boy sitting next to me. He had plastered himself against the door like I had cooties. He looked as shocked as I felt and so I had to see who was in the front seat. It was a horrified Asian woman and an angry/baffled Asian Man. To have three people look at me with such distate was scary. I quickly looked to my right and over there, two cars down, was my family sitting in the EXACT same car, looking at me with alot of aggravation from Mom and giggles from my siblings. Could. Not. Get. Out. Of. Car. Fast. Enough. At this point the two parents in the car I was sitting in, were in a heated disussion in a language I didn't recognize or understand. The wife was not so nicely telling her husband to get me out. I could tell by her face, gestures and rapid speech. I bolted from the car and ran to my family. I don't remember what was said when I got in the car. I think I was a tad bit traumitized.
I was 10ish and pretty much lived in a world of my own. Rarely was I "with" everyone else and what was going on. On this particular evening as we left Friendly's I slowly and distractedly sauntered my way over to the family wagon.
Being the good child I was, I immediately closed my door and buckled up. When I was done with that I looked up to see an Asian boy sitting next to me. He had plastered himself against the door like I had cooties. He looked as shocked as I felt and so I had to see who was in the front seat. It was a horrified Asian woman and an angry/baffled Asian Man. To have three people look at me with such distate was scary. I quickly looked to my right and over there, two cars down, was my family sitting in the EXACT same car, looking at me with alot of aggravation from Mom and giggles from my siblings. Could. Not. Get. Out. Of. Car. Fast. Enough. At this point the two parents in the car I was sitting in, were in a heated disussion in a language I didn't recognize or understand. The wife was not so nicely telling her husband to get me out. I could tell by her face, gestures and rapid speech. I bolted from the car and ran to my family. I don't remember what was said when I got in the car. I think I was a tad bit traumitized.I spent much of my childhood in a daze such as this. Sometimes I'm amazed that I'm a functioning adult with two children.
4 comments:
I really wish I was there for that. Or if I was there, that I could rememeber it. So funny.
I will never forget saying "where's Shauna" and all of us looking over to see you sitting in that car with that family!!! Thats one of my favorite childhood memories!
Wait, you are functioning? If you are functioning then you need more kids.
Post a Comment