We went to Squaw Valley last week for 5 days and had a very nice time. We stayed here: http://www.squawvalleylodge.com/ . I really can't call it a vacation because really I just packed up my family, and moved us three hours away for the week. I did squeeze in some relaxation, but not really. And getting children ready to go in the snow should be an Olympic sport or some sort of Feats of Strength competition. I would lose, I complain the whole time. Anyway, Matthew got his skiing in, I got my reading done and the girls LOVED the hot tub. It snowed alot and was bitterly cold. By bitterly I mean 15 degrees. Does anyone dare fight me on whether or not that is cold? Matthew's sister, Susan, joined us for 2 of the days. A few things you would never believe:
1. I cooked three, yes, 3 meals up there. I don't care how simple they were, I actually did that.
2. You can get poked in the eye with a fork and live to tell about it. Sabine poked my eye at a restaurant and I instantly threw my hand up there. I was SURE my eyeball was on the table. When I moved my hand for Matthew to look into my socket, I was shocked that it was still in there. I didn't even have a scratch, or a poke mark, or 4 tine marks on my eyeball. I put in a good amount of complaining, just so that people knew how scary that was to me!
3. If you ever wondered just how many raisins a toddler (Sabine) can fit up their nose, the answer is at least 5. Three in one nostril and two in the other. Thank goodness Matthew got to deal with this ordeal. I was laying in bed giggling. I know that sounds horrible, but I knew the raisins would come out and hearing him talk to her about it was funny. WHY, do they put things up their nose? (Caitlin+Eraser=Not funny)
I'll post pics but I missed alot of good moments. I just don't care about taking pictures when my fingers are frozen and I'm being snowed on. Sabine did get to play in the snow, I just don't have proof. Which is too bad because she makes an awesome snow angel. The first pic is a cute one. While I was packing I put the cooler in the kitchen to fill it with things from the fridge. Sabine asked me what it was and I explained to her what I would be doing. But first I had to empty the cooler of camping stuff and then pack the girls bag. Well, I went to pack their bag and when I came back Sabine had started filling the cooler with random items from my fridge:
If you're wondering what that THING is on my lip, wonder no more. It's a cold sore, that actually gave me a fever and made me miss church last week. It had a life of its own and I swear it would talk to me at night. So, if you're squeamish, stop reading right here, 'cause I got a close up of it. I have no shame! Follow the dots.................
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
1 comment:
Love them in their bathing suits! And they have medicine for that, my friend.
Post a Comment