Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Blogging Etiquette

This is something I've been thinking of since I have slowly become addicted to all that is blogging. I'm still quite new to all of this but I pose a few ideas and questions to fellow bloggers. Not to leave out the non-bloggers, but this post may bore you. Mostly I am wondering about having a list of links to other people's blogs. Now, there are probably 15-20 blogs that I check at least weekly, if not more often. They are often blogs that I find on blogs of people that I actually know. So I read blogs of people I don't know and have never met. Are you with me? Now, if you don't want others to read your blog you obviously make it a private one. But here's my question: Can I add those people whose blogs I read even though I have never met them, to my blogs I read list? I'd rather have them on my own page rather than going to other pages to find those that I want to read. That's one question. Then I have a thought. I am very careful not to mention specifics about my family, especially my last name and town where I live. However, I have noticed that some people who shall remain nameless, add my blog to their own list, using my last name. If a person uses their last name as the title to their blog, then I see no problem putting that info on a blog list. But if people are keeping that info private, then shouldn't others in return do the same? See I think the world of blogging is still very new and hasn't proven itsself. And I'm partially worried that the meanies of the world are going to start using our blogs for their evil causes. Am I the only one that thinks like that? Should I stop being so paranoid? I love the blogging world! It keeps me in great contact with my family, but I want to keep it safe. Thoughts?

3 comments:

Cathy said...

That's so funny! My thoughts exactly. I am so paranoid I won't even put our first names (except the kids) on there. Who knows what crazy person will be stalking us!

moodymadness said...

Ok, don't freak me out. I've never thought about that kinda stuff. So are you saying I'm an idiot for putting MOODY on my blog? I should of found this stuff out before I started this stuff!!!

Sally said...

This is one reason I haven't started a blog yet--I am paranoid. But it's not the main reason.

Anyway, have you checked out Google Reader? It is the best way to stay updated on all the blogs you like to read. You probably already use it, but if not, check it out!