Friday, January 11, 2008
Mayjah confession!
Thought I'd embarrass myself tonight for the entertainment of others. Matthew and I went to dinner this evening. Just the two of us. But that's not my confession. If you know me at all, you know I live vicariously through the lives of Hollywood actors, actresses and the wannabe's. I used to subscribe to US magazine and usually stole a copy of People magazine from work (we got 2 at a time for some reason. I liked to believe it was aligned that way in the stars so that I could have the extra copy.) Anyway, I don't get the magazines anymore because I don't work and Matthew forbids US magazine from gracing our mailbox. I had to agree and gave up my weekly dose of all that is Hollywood. That didn't stop me, however, from checking out websites dedicated to all the gossip I love. If you look in the column to the left of my blog, you will see "my obsessions". http://www.usmagazine.com/ and http://www.perezhilton.com/ are my fave websites. I spend no less than one hour each day perusing their fine articles and blog entries. I have a sickness, I just don't know the name of it yet! Anyway, all of this backround info is leading up to the big confession. Here goes: sometimes I like to pretend I am a star being photographed by the paparazzi, which I did tonight as we walked to the restaurant. Matthew was holding my right hand and my purse was over my left shoulder. I casually put my left hand in my front pocket and started walking with attitude. Now, if you asked Matthew if he noticed this he would say absolutely not. He's probably rolling his eyes right now. It's mostly in my head. I imagine that as I walk there are so many photographers in front of me and the flashes are so bright that I'm annoyed. So I have to put on my annoyed face. And then I look the other direction and someone is yelling "Shauna, over here!" So I smile and duck my head a little, embarrassed by all the attention. Then as we enter a store (H&M) I look over my shoulder, just to give 'em one more shot. Ridiculous, no? I'm a teensy bit ashamed of the focus I put on all of these young stars who have nothing to do with my life, but it's sooo entertaining. And if anyone named Michele is tsk, tsking me right now, you're just as bad as I am. I mean Michele was the one who called to tell me Jamie-Lynn Spears is pregnant. See, I have enablers. Well, gotta go see if Nicole had her baby and if she named it Leaf or Rainbow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ok, now i know where to go when i need a laugh! Nappy, you're the best! how have i lived w/o you for 8 years? has it been that long?
Your wrong...the name is Harlow. :)
Just for the record...Michele has more important things to do than spend 1 HOUR a day on perez hilton. I knew you would try to pull me into this little confession. I have never for one second found myself ducking from imaginary photographers. Sorry- you stand alone on this one. And she named her baby Harlow.:)
Wow!
I've got some better ones for you. You will die at how bad (and good) they are. beware:
www.thesuperficial.com
www.wwtdd.com
Issues with perez: he's too nice to the celebrities. He wants to be one so badly he will do or say anything so they will like him. Except the ones he hates. Then he's vicious. Vicious is good.
And maybe if a paparazzi follows you around you can adopt a british accent like Britney!
Are you a little scared that I've found your blog? You should be. WAAY to much info from me. But I love your blog!
Post a Comment