The other day I went to the grocery store and bought $60 worth of groceries. Now if you ever grocery shop, you know what 60 bucks worth of food looks like. If it includes expensive items like milk and cheese and stuff like that, it could easily fit into 6-7 bags. Well, not if you had my bagger that helped me the other day. And just a sidenote, he was the same guy that asked me as I was stepping into the store if I was finding everything okay. I mean I was literally coming through the door. Anyway, I left the store with 14 bags. One bag had two, count them, 2 cans of soup in it. One had a 1/2 gallon of milk. One had two cans of tuna and a yogurt. I'm not kidding. I mean, I reuse the bags but this was ridiculous. I would've said something if I was paying attention, but I wasn't. And just because posts are boring without pictures, I took some of this exact occurence. Really, as I was unloading the bags, I thought well this could be a blog if I ever run out of material. Like I do stand-up or something. So I took pics. And as you can see, Sarah was fully appreciative of this Safeway baggers efforts at bagging!
Saturday, January 5, 2008
The pressure to perform is INTENSE!
Sometimes I lose sleep. Then the next day, I'm very grumpy. And this actually has nothing to do with my children keeping me up all night. It's this: I lay awake brainstorming for ideas to blog about. Now sometimes the posts come easy. Like if my kids are really cute one day. But some days I don't have anything to say. And this should be okay, except for that it's not. Why? Because of the people who say this "Why haven't you blogged in the past two days?" Now generally speaking, these are people who do NOT have a blog themselves. As soon as the words leave their mouth and hits my ear, I feel stressed. I mean, there are people out there checking my blog, daily, or even multiple times a day to see the latest. I have to do my best not to disappoint them. Now, I'm guilty too. The other day I nudged my little sis, Caity, to post a current entry(see other people's blogs at right). I noticed that she folded under the pressure a few hours later. And it was a good post too. But what if she just posted to appease the people and it was really boring and stupid and then everyone says "Well, that was a waste of my time to read that!" That might just happen if people don't stop stressing the bloggers. You want it to be worth the read, so remember that good things come to those who wait! Having said all THAT, I have nothing to blog about today, except maybe about the hurricane that blew through here today, but I didn't get a picture of the storm. It was nasty though. But I aim to please so here is what I have for you:
The other day I went to the grocery store and bought $60 worth of groceries. Now if you ever grocery shop, you know what 60 bucks worth of food looks like. If it includes expensive items like milk and cheese and stuff like that, it could easily fit into 6-7 bags. Well, not if you had my bagger that helped me the other day. And just a sidenote, he was the same guy that asked me as I was stepping into the store if I was finding everything okay. I mean I was literally coming through the door. Anyway, I left the store with 14 bags. One bag had two, count them, 2 cans of soup in it. One had a 1/2 gallon of milk. One had two cans of tuna and a yogurt. I'm not kidding. I mean, I reuse the bags but this was ridiculous. I would've said something if I was paying attention, but I wasn't. And just because posts are boring without pictures, I took some of this exact occurence. Really, as I was unloading the bags, I thought well this could be a blog if I ever run out of material. Like I do stand-up or something. So I took pics. And as you can see, Sarah was fully appreciative of this Safeway baggers efforts at bagging!

The other day I went to the grocery store and bought $60 worth of groceries. Now if you ever grocery shop, you know what 60 bucks worth of food looks like. If it includes expensive items like milk and cheese and stuff like that, it could easily fit into 6-7 bags. Well, not if you had my bagger that helped me the other day. And just a sidenote, he was the same guy that asked me as I was stepping into the store if I was finding everything okay. I mean I was literally coming through the door. Anyway, I left the store with 14 bags. One bag had two, count them, 2 cans of soup in it. One had a 1/2 gallon of milk. One had two cans of tuna and a yogurt. I'm not kidding. I mean, I reuse the bags but this was ridiculous. I would've said something if I was paying attention, but I wasn't. And just because posts are boring without pictures, I took some of this exact occurence. Really, as I was unloading the bags, I thought well this could be a blog if I ever run out of material. Like I do stand-up or something. So I took pics. And as you can see, Sarah was fully appreciative of this Safeway baggers efforts at bagging!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I feel the pressure too! I tell myself everyday that I'm not going to blog anymore...then someone asks me why I haven't been blogging. It stresses me out!
PS: Thanks for the mention in your post today. :)
No prob!
We appreciate what you do on our behalf
Post a Comment