Monday, October 20, 2008

They Just Keep Coming

I could be writing all say if I caught on paper, everything funny that Sabine says. I have to post these 2 because they were the funniest.

Today I was on the phone with my sister and I stepped on a toy and it hurt. So I said "Ow, I just stepped on a toy!!" to my sister and Sabine says "Well, Mom, just don't step on the toy." Oh really Sabine! Thankyou!

I went to JoAnn Fabrics today (I know, me, in a fabric store) and Sabine and Sarah played with a little boy while we waited in line. It was a good 10 minute wait. Anyway, on the way home Sabine wanted to know if that "black" boy could come over and play. I said "Sabine, he wasn't black." And she went on to explain that yes he was because he had a black shirt on. Now, Sabine like most 3 year olds has no idea about race and nationality. I responded by saying "He wasn't black Sabine, he was Chinese." She said "Does Chinese have a baby at home?" I told her I wasn't sure. A few minutes later she asked me that boys name and I said I didn't know and she told me "Yes you do because you already told it to me." I asked questioningly "You mean, Chinese?" And she said "Yup, do you think Chinese wants to play?" I had a good laugh at that. Of course his name is Chinese, because what else could that word possibly mean?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I miss them so much!!!!! Do you think they can guess which sister you were on the phone with?

Kristin said...

Hilarious!!!

jhoopes said...

Laughing again!