Wednesday, October 22, 2008

First Timeout

Sarah got her first timeout today. She repeatedly hit Sabine on the head with a wooden spoon after I told her not to. I put my kids in a corner and make them count to ten before they can leave it. I do this because usually they are crying and to count, they have to stop crying. Then they are proud of their accomplishment and leave with a smile on their face.
When I put Sarah in the corner and told her to count I started laughing (she can count to ten by the way). She looked so silly standing there because she's so young. I got a picture and then released her. I'm sure Sabine is thinking how unfair that is but that second child gets away with alot. She did have to do the mandatory hug, kiss and apology to Sabine.
The only good that came out of this was that Sabine is the only one to ever go to timeout, therefore I'm pretty sure she was beaming behind my back as I led Sarah to the corner.
One other word about this. When I had her positioned against the wall she looked at me as if she felt cool. As though she were going through a rights of passage. Which in a way, I guess she was. Next time there will be tears. I'm sure of it. This is exactly how she looked at me as I told her that what she did was naughty:

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Ahhh..poor Sarah. I love that face!