Monday, October 20, 2008

And Then We Carved Them

We carved pumpkins tonight and the kids were a little bit hesitant to dig in. Sabine eventually braved it but I had fun by myself carving and emptying the pumpkins of their innards. We're going to bake the seeds tomorrow and see if they come out edible. When I say I had fun what I mean is I tolerated the whole ordeal. Here's why:
1. I lack muscles. I don't really even have a muscle so carving these things was hard.
2. The smell of pumpkin absolutely gags me. It is vomit inducing.
3. The feel of the pumpkin crap all over my hands is almost more than I can take.
4. I had to wash my hands every time I wanted to capture a picture.

Sabine and Sarah wondering about all of this:Sabine getting brave:Sarah, her face says it all. She spent the whole time I dug her pumpkin out, putting the face peices back in the holes.

Won't touch it:TA DA!! (as Sabine would say):

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Wait, I don't get it. Day 1 you carve pumpkins. Day 2 you're baking them? Why? You're not going to eat them. That I know.

jhoopes said...

The faces on the girls are classic! And way to be such a good sport. Carving pumpkins is NOT my favorite thing either.