Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

We went and did the pumpkin thing today. My kids still don't really care about it but we go so that they can never say we didn't. Before the pics, a word about hay. If you are going to be walking around in hay, make sure you have proper shoes on your feet. I went with flip flops on and suffered many a hay splinter. They are sharp and it hurts badly. Now I know. It was H.O.T. hot picking pumpkins. When we got back in the car, my temp thingy said 102 degrees. Yes it went down to 90 as we were driving, but still. That's pretty hot for October at 4:00 in the afternoon. Also, my kids look rag tag because I was too lazy to care about how they looked.
Sabine enjoying some bouncy house fun:


Sarah, not enjoying anything:Matthew attempting to make Sarah enjoy herself:Sabine is petite and she lifted this huge pumpkin like it was nothing:Sarah trying to hand Sabine this pumpkin and getting very frustrated at her for not taking it:The bull made of carpet- Sabine actually asked me if the bull was real:Sabine loved the bouncy house and Sarah loved the real goats. The real goats that backed themselves into a corner and trembled every time we came near them. Sarah walked around the whole time saying "Hawwoween." I just wanted back in the car because it was so hot. Matthew cried when we left. Glad pumpkin picking is ovah!

3 comments:

Paige said...

I would take your advice about not wearing flip flops to the punkin' patch when the first grade goes there tomorrow, but I'm NOT going so I don't have to!!! So happy. I still have to take Bea though. Guilt.

Anonymous said...

So cute!

J said...

Cute pics. We still need to take Annie to a patch. I can't believe how long Sarah's hair is getting!