Monday, October 6, 2008

Because I Care

I'm sure most of you reading this think that you are immune to cancer. Especially breast cancer. That only happens to other people, right? I'll keep this short and sweet. Do breast exams on yourself. If you don't know how or would rather not do them, make sure you have a doctor doing them. It's a simple thing you can do for yourself, even if you find something of concern. I had an ultrasound today to check out a lump I found. Was I scared? Um, yes. Am I glad I went to get it checked? Absolutely. There was a nano-second when the technician put the ultrasound wand on me that I was sure I was leaving that office as a cancer patient. Thank goodness I didn't, but you never know. Ladies, you owe it to yourselves, your husbands and your children to do self exams. I did this post because I care for all of the women in my life. I love all of you and you're each important in your own way to me. In the meantime, go here and start clicking for free mammograms for other women that can't afford it.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=2

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen sister! Glad all checked out with you.

Anonymous said...

So glad all went well! Laughed out loud at Sabines fun filled all alone afternoon.