Monday, June 30, 2008

While the cat's away....

Today I put Sarah down for a nap and tried to coax Sabine into one because I'm tired. No such luck. I need to just grieve for what used to be her naptime and realize that they are officially over. I wasn't going to let that stop me from a little rest. I put Sabine in front of a movie and told her I was going to rest for a little while in my bedroom. I never actually fell asleep but I did get pretty close. During the 1/2 hour that I was in there I could mostly hear what she was doing. When I started to hear her run back and forth and back and forth to the bathroom, get on her mirror stool and then run back to the living room, I knew something was up. So I went to check. I found her in the bathroom, everything was in place and she was pretty normal looking. So I scooted her out and went into the kitchen to start investigating and she followed me. Nothing looked awry until I turned around to look at Sabine and saw this: I didn't get mad or even laugh I just went "Huh", and grabbed my camera. I don't find it funny but I'm not mad either. I left her alone and this is what happens when you leave kids alone, even for a minute. Yellow highliter is hard to see so I asked Sabine to show me where else it might be, to which I got a string of "Oh, here and here and here and here, etc." Four walls had big, long, 4 foot lines of highliter going up and then back down. It doesn't photograph well. But Sabine's body was covered too and those are better pics:
The walls. Four walls have 4 feet of this-

Sabine's artwork:


She will never get scolded for this. Is that wrong? I feel blessed to have a healthy, sometimes naughty little girl who drew on the walls. Maybe if it were black highliter, this would be upsetting me. But for right now, kids will be kids.
UPDATE:About an hour after I published this post, we have this:

She took the very large pen and drew on 12 pages of this library book. Now, I'm mad.

3 comments:

Paige said...

Naughty. But funny.

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!

Caitlin said...

Don't forget to put it all in her baby book too! I love it!