Tonight I arrived at Safeway at 8:25 on the nose to pick up a few items. I did so and left the parking lot at 8:57 (I looked at my clock). But what happened in between is just pure religious. When I stepped out of the store I saw this:

Now, this of course is a google image because I didn't have my camera but the sunset I saw was just like this one only it had cars and stuff instead of those pretty trees. So I walked out and saw this and it literally, and I mean literally Took. My. Breathe. Away. My hand went up to my chest and I sucked in my breathe. A woman was going into the store and I said to her "This sunset! It's beautiful!" She said "Isn't it amazing?" To which I said "Yes!!!" I was in complete awe. I had moments to act because I wanted Matthew to see it and he was home with the kids but it was going away so quickly that I didn't have time to call him so I tried getting a pic on my cellphone which just didn't do the sunset any sort of justice so I just walked very slowly to my car while it disappeared just like that! It gets better. So I was so in a moment over this sunset. It almost made me cry. Seriously. The beauty was just astounding. So I hopped into my car and rolled down my window and BLARED my new Coldplay CD, song #7, Viva la Vida all the way home. And I sang really loud even though I don't know all the words and I had a smile on my face the whole time. This song makes me really happy because it is so upbeat and fun and after seeing that sunset and then getting to listen to my song I was feeling all sorts of good. I had goosebumps because I'm such a good singer. Safeway is only 2 miles from my home so I took it slow so that I could hear my whole song. I was uplifted. See, what did I tell you? Pure religious.
If your interested in seeing a little about my sister's visit, click here. Good job, Kristin. Thanks!
3 comments:
Hi, Michele!
HA!!! Kristin I was thinking the same thing.
I love those sunset moments! I wish I could take them and bottle them up. I really need to hear this new Cold Play song...I know..why am I so out of it? I'm always listening to things like Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck. And yeah...I'm wondering why my picture isn't featured on your blog:)
Post a Comment