Sarah has me scared this week. I love the newborn stage because it is so easy. When babies start to wiggle and squirm and crawl, life gets a tad bit harder. I'm even okay with the first months of walking. It's when the climbing comes in that I start to freak out. With both of my children I have never baby proofed my house. Not a toilet lock or cabinet latch to be found here. I do plug up the outlets but that is the extent of it. And you know what? My kids have never explored those places that they tell us to baby proof. It's the climbing that gets me. When babies and toddlers start to climb, there isn't much you can do to stop them. The couch climbing and bed climbing is no biggie. This week, Sarah started getting up on things that panic me. I had to do a photo shoot to get pictures because when I actually find her in these precarious situations all I can do is grab her down and yell a little, just to get my fear out. I don't even think about grabbing my camera to catch the naughtiness. These are the things she is climbing, demonstrated by Sarah with my close supervision:
This one isn't so bad, it's when she get up onto the table that I'm bothered. I didn't do a picture of that because then she'd think it was okay to do.
This one has a lot of head bonking possibilities if she were to fall off. No trips to the hospital, please!
This one just about kills me. Those table and chairs are VERY wobbly. When she climbs up there and I'm in the other room, I hear this "MOOOOOMMMMMYYYY!!! GUCK!!"(stuck) She also stands on the chairs and teeters back and forth, brinking on the edge of death. It's scary.
And the toilet. Could be a bad fall but it's the things she gets into that make it bad. Nailpolish remover, contact solution (open cap), make-up, shaving cream, hair gel, toothpaste. She does her "guck" call from the toilet too. Not enough surface area to climb down.
Isn't she cute when she's being naughty? It's hard to scold her. "Mommy, guck!"
2 comments:
Man, that girl is a cutie! I love all the positions she gets herself "guck" in.
I totally understand why you would be scared! She sure is a cutie pie while she scares you and gets guck, huh? She has the cutest squeezy cheeks ever . Mirabelle is having so much fun getting to look at pictures of Sabina and Sarah. We're excited for our bbq night. The sooner the better! :)
Post a Comment