Sabine and I spent most of the day arguing. I can't believe my 2 1/2 year old is able to fight with me. In the end I just start laughing because it's cute to watch her argue with me. Sometimes I let her win, like tonight when she wanted to bring her carrots from dinner into the bathtub with her. It only lasted a minute because as soon as she submerged them, I took them away. And she didn't care, she had already won. Sabine is growing to fast for my liking and it makes me sad. Here are some of her latest antics and sayings:
-The other day I was taking the girls to get some nuggets. I said to Sabine "Let's go get some nuggets." She said "Old McDonald's nuggets?" I had a good laugh at that. And yes, I take my kids to McDonalds. Who doesn't
-When I've scolded Sabine and made her cry, sometimes she demands that I say sorry to her. She demands it while she's still crying and I don't give in and do it because then she'll think I have to apologize every time she gets in trouble. So I tell her "No" and that makes her cry even harder. So in the end I tell her I'm sorry she's sad and that seems to take care of it.
-She has discovered picking her nose and does it endlessly. I spend a good part of my day wiping "boogs" off of her fingers. At least she doesn't eat them. Although that would be a lot easier for me.
-Sabine LOVES the Arthur videos. On any given day I have to be either Arthur or D.W. Sabine is sometimes Pal or D.W. And Sarah is either D.W. or baby Kate. Sometimes I have to look for Pal (the dog). When Sabine is Arthur, she yells at D.W (aka Sarah). And sometimes Pal chases Sabine. It's all very real to her.
-She can dress herself now and goes through about 5 outfits in the morning. None of them match and they are all very layered. And inside out and backwards. It's cute.
-The other day Sabine came out of her room in this outfit and told me she was "Ready to Rock-n-Roll!" Like as in go out the door somewhere. In public!!!
-She makes this face all the time and tells me she "can't talk".
-I think maybe Sabine has had to much cat exposure because she does this:
She makes piles out of anything that may be laying around. If my house is messy she has alot to work with. Then she sits in the middle of them and yells for me to come see her. Is she nesting?
-She is just so sweet these days and soooo helpful with Sarah. She plays with her and teaches her alot. Sarah just follows her around all day and Sabine loves it. She is very patient and kind to Sarah. We love her!
2 comments:
I agree, those are some good outfits. It's funny that you argue all day. Some days, after being yelled at by my kids all day, I inform them that I have a college degree, I am NOT the slave!
She is so funny! Aren't 2 year olds great? Oh man, is she two, she looks so big....Okay I'm a bad aunt.
Post a Comment