Sunday, February 24, 2008

Decadent! Sinful! Indulgent! Perfection!

Do you know me? I mean really know me? If you do, you know that other than my family, the REASON I live on this earth is because I get to eat dessert. THIS, showed up on my doorstep Sunday night:

It was being held my a friend from my ward who I'm hesitant to name for fear that her door will be knocked down by other people looking for their peice of the pie, er uh, chocolate torte. But I'll tell you her name ryhmes with ANUARY. I had told her in primary today that I wanted to make chocolate chip cookies, but didn't have any chips. She mentioned the torte she had waiting for her at home and I was a little jealous (could she tell?). Here's why I'm posting about it. If you know me, you also know I DON'T SHARE MY DESSERT! EVER! You can't even have a bite. January (oops) brought me three peices of this torte. I have to confess, I would never do the same. I horde dessert. I take offense to people who ask me for "just a bite". Here's how I felt after I ate the torte:


Hmmm, I wonder what they're making next week...

Ten bucks to the first person that guesses what Sarah had for dinner tonight:

6 comments:

Paige said...

I got to do some kissing up to that girl because a friend who brings dessert is the best friend ever.

Anonymous said...

Your post was so funny. Glad I brought you a little Sunday joy! I'll have to do it again sometime.

Celia Fae said...

Please change your vote. Paige doesn't like liars and she knows the truth.

Cathy said...

Mmmmm! I want some of that.

Caitlin said...

What is a chocolate torte and how do I make one?

Sally said...

I knew who it was before you said anything else for 2 reasons:

1. That person is a good cook AND generous

2. I recognized the plate it was on! Because yes, she has brought me dinner that many times.

Lucky you.