
Let me just say, that this picture does not quite capture the depth and magnitude of this clothing heap. It's my perpetual laundry pile. If you're jealous and wondering how you too can have one, it's very simple. First you need a husband or other person willing to do the laundry. They have to do load after load and pile the dry clothes right on top of each other as they are done in the dryer. To get optimum results have at
least 3 loads on there constantly. You can pick from the pile as needed but if you see it diminishing, get husband (or other) to do more laundry. The best part about the pile is it can be moved around to suit your family's needs. Like the other day when this heap was sitting in my hallway before Sabine's playgroup came over. I moved it in 6 trips to and from my bedroom. It's very versatile, as sometimes Sabine and Sarah entertain themselves with all the clothes. Sabine can always pick at least 10 outfits out of there and Sarah lkes to trip over them when it's on the floor. That picture above is but a molehill. One day I'll show you the mountain. And I'm assuming if you have one of those then you have one of these:
This is my Perpetual Pile of Papers. It includes a little bit of everything from mail to pictures to birthday cards to Sabine's artwork. It sits on a kitchen counter and mostly just stays there. This one doesn't move. I find comfort in this pile because it's such a sure thing. As in, it's a sure thing that it will grow 1/4 of an inch a week. We moved here in May, so if you calculate, that pile looks juuuust about the right size. I'm pretty sure that's where our missing tax papers will be found. I'll let Matthew look. You may have the big idea that I have cleaning issues. It's no idea people, I do have cleaning issues. One day when I'm rich, oh wait, let's get back to reality here....
And in other news, Sarah and I took down a peice of furniture today. She helped me out by trying to put it back together. But, mostly she just attempted to eat all of the fishies, raisins and cheerios that came pouring out of all the crevices. I stopped her of course, only because I was fearful that some of those treats were in there when Sabine was a baby. Here's a pic of Sarah helping:

Hey, when something takes up a spot in you home for almost 2 years, it's considered furniture. Be gone Excersaucer! Don't show your face until baby Griffiths #3 is here. That is NOT, I repeat NOT an announcment!
2 comments:
Doing and folding laundry is one of my most favorite things. If I lived by you, I would do it for you.
I got scared you were taking down her crib and saying good-bye to naps. My kids live in the crib until they are about 4. This is why I have 3.
While the laundry pile is impressive, 3 loads in nothing. I've got 12 piled in my family room. Seriously.
Post a Comment