Last week on my crazy, hairy, get ready for Tahoe day, Sabine threw this glove out the car window on a busy street here. There I am driving, peacefully (for once) and all of a sudden Sabine is having a meltdown in the backseat yelling some incoherent words. This went on for a mile before I told her to calm down, stop crying and tell me slowly what happened. She said "You gwove flyed out da window!" Shame on me for even having her window down but it was a beautiful day. Well, I needed that glove for Tahoe, so like any other self-respecting mother I went back and got it. Sabine was relieved when I found it and told me how happy she was the whole way home. I was happy too. The best part is, I didn't wear those gloves one time the whole weekend. This is the next item:
It was 73 degrees here today, or at least that's what my car thingy said. Anyway, I had to go run some errands and wanted Sarah to be footloose and fancy free, because of the weather. I brought her shoes just in case she should need them. After I strapped both kids in, I took off for Target, with the above shoes on the roof of my car. I realized it 2 miles later and stopped the car. There was only one shoe up there. Of course I went back. I had to. I went all the way home and retraced my steps only to find the shoe about 30 seconds from home. Once again I stopped the car, ran out into the busy street and picked up the shoe. The third time's a charm. I wonder what I'll be picking up next. Hopefully it's not one of my kids. I have, on occasion, forgotten to buckle both of them in.
1 comment:
You crack me up. I love all the funny things you find to write about!
Post a Comment