Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It was the best of days! It was the worst of days!

BEST:



Hillary wins California (sorry family-don't send me hate comments). Now that I have that out of the way, I had a good/bad day today. The girls were with their Aunt SueSue today so I had the day to do as I pleased. It was awesome. I got ALL of my errands run in under an hour. There was no napping and feeding children in between so I got everything done all at once. But the best part of the day was at 4:30 when I was hungry for dinner. I realized I was actually going to be able to sit down at the table and eat, all without interruption. No milk refills, no hands to be wiped, no food thrown on the floor, no children melting down. I think you get my point. I took a picture of my dinner: It was chili with my second (gasp) coke of the day. And might I add, I sat there and leisurely ate my food and read my book and wallowed in the silence that was my empty house. I didn't even have a twinge of guilt for being so utterly happy with my dinner situation. I do now though, now that I wrote that. When I was done with that, I decided it was time to clean our bedroom. I couldn't bring myself to post the seriously disturbing before picture. Just use your imagination and make it really bad. So, I got to it and an hour later I was done. Had the kids been there it never would've gotten done. I did take an after pic, only to have later proof when Matthew tells me I never clean. It's always wise to have proof available to you at times like that. Here's the bed, made, and Fitzy posing so candidly for me:
The next picture is of my chair, a.k.a my 2nd closet. Not everyone gets 2 closets, I feel privledged:

One hour before that chair was COVERED in clothes I dumped there. When I was done I couldn't believe all the clothes I had in my closet. I was amazed. And to further your amazement, I dusted. See:

There just had to be a reward for all of my efforts so I sat down after and had a big fat bowl of icecream. And it was goooooo-ood!



WORST:


I had to go to the dentist today. I HATE the dentist. I get all sweaty nervous and feel all hot and cold all at the same time. This is how I feel there: That was why the girls were with Sue. I had to sit in the torture chair for and exam, cleaning and x-rays. I was really happy to leave there. I never want to go back. And although I had a really good day, besides the dentist, I really missed the kids. They make me so happy day-to-day. Here's a picture of them, because I love them so much:

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you SERIOUSLY like Hilary???!!!!

Shauna said...

Gosh, Michele, say how you REALLY feel!

Caitlin said...

I can't imagine what I would do with an entire day to myself. Acutally, I would probably catch up on cleaning too. Of course, that would be after I had a Hostess cupcake with a diet coke.

Anonymous said...

Cait you just had a whole week to yourself and you spent it on the couch!! TOTALLY kidding for those of you who are gasping in horror right now. Is it bad blogging etiquette to make comments to someone on someone elses blog??

Shauna said...

I thought the same exact thing. I, however, am not so rude as to actually say it! Geez Michele, way to make a person feel bad.

Caitlin said...

Oh yeah, I had the most relaxing 10
days of my life. My throat wasn't on fire and I ate to my heart's content. I wasn't miserable or anything. :)

moodymadness said...

I am feeling quite disturbed right now. Hilary? Come on.....that's gotta be a joke!

jackkid5 said...

Ok, gasping in horror at HELLARY! I admit I was a little depressed when I went to vote and they ASSUMED I was a republican...than I had to say yes I am.
Caitlin....I've missed you!

jackkid5 said...

Hmmm, jackkid5 aka Cathy here. Not sure how that happened...Sydney?

Paige said...

Yay for Hill! I love your holdout picture with the duster and your bed is to die for!