Friday, December 14, 2007

THIS is why I laugh everyday!

Let's just call them Sabineisms. This kid has at least 20 things a day that she says, that make me laugh. I just have to share.
1.When we're in the car (which is alot) Sabine says alot of great things. Lately she has been very into Annie-the movie. So on the way to let's say the library, she'll start saying "Mom, I weally gotta go!" So I say oh, you gotta go? And she says "Yeah mom, stop the car, I weally gotta go!" So I tell her we'll be home soon so she can go. So a few minutes pass and Sabine says "Weally, Mom, I gotta goooo!" In case you're lost here, that's the scene where Annie is stolen and uses that ploy to get out of the car and escape.

2.Sometimes when Matthew gets home from work, Sabine is sitting at the table eating dinner. She'll hear him rattling the keys in the lock and she becomes Matthew's cheerleader shouting, "Come on Dad, you can do it."

3.The other day Sabine was hitting Georgia (my cat). I came up to her and took both of her hands, got down on her level and said "Sabine, we don't hit animals. We don't hit cats. We don't hit doggies. We don't hit horsies and cows. Okay? You understand?" And Sabine says "Yeah Mom, and pigs too." How can you not laugh at that?

4.Okay, last one. Tonight Grandma babysat so Matthew and I could go to a party. Come bedtime, Grandma let Sabine know it was time to get ready and calm down. So they wrapped up her bear in it's blanky first. Then they read a book on the couch, getting nice and sleepy. Then Nama said "Okay Sabine, time for sleepies." To which Sabine replied "No Nama, I need to check me email!"

My child is a sponge. I can't believe what she hears and repeats. Hope you got a good chuckle out of this! I know I do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the blogging Shauna!! Keep it up. We get a good laugh every time we read it. My kids love it.

Anonymous said...

Sabine is the funniest little girl!! I love how she said, "And pigs too mommy!" That is so funny.