Tuesday, December 11, 2007

So says Sabine!

Sabine has been making mom and dad laugh right out loud lately with the things she says. The other night, she would not stay in her crib (or more precisely the pac-n-play in mom and dad's room). Anyway, after the 4th time she got out, Matthew and I went to bed so she would stay in there. That failed. Sabine climbed out again and we just let her be. So for 10 minutes she wandered around the pitch black house, at one point even opening the refridgerator. Finally I sent Matthew to get her. So he goes out to find where she is and he flips on the living room light only to find Sabine sitting on the couch with her blanky and binky. He said "What're ya doin' Sabine?" To which she replied "I just chillin' dad!" I heard this from the bedroom and what started as a giggle turned into full on crying. The whole debacle ended 45 minutes later with Sabine screaming in her crib and Matthew and I ignoring her. I have one more if you're interested. Today we were driving to Grandmas (Nama) house and Sabine wanted to know where Santa was. Here's the conversation:
Sab-Mom, where Santa?
Mom- Um, at home.
Sab- At home?
Mom-Yup!
Sab-Wit her Mama?
Mom-Uh, yes, with her Mama!
Sab-Her tired, mom?
Mom-Yup, she's tired.
Sab-Her home wit him?
Mom-Uuuumm, yes, she's home with him.
Sab-Awight mom!

If your bored just don't read anymore, but I have one more. Tonight on the way to the library Sabine told me I was her best friend.
Sab-Mom?
Mom-Yeah?
Sab-You me best fwend!
Mom-Ooooohhhh, Thaaaanks Sabine!(almose crying out of pure joy)
Sab-Yeah! And Sue Sue me best fwend, and Nama me best fwend, and Shell me best fwend, and Darah and Dada and....
You get the point! I was the apple of her eye for like two seconds before I was replaced by everyone else. Oh, well! None of them pushed her out! There is more where that came from but I just wanted to dangle the carrot so you'll come back!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is Sabine cracks me up and I wish I could spend my day having these conversations with her!!

Caitlin said...

So funny! My favorite part is when she opened the fridge...such a crazy little girl.

Hannah Amis said...

Sabine is funny!!! I wish she was my little sister!

Hannah Amis said...

Sabine is funny!!! I wish she was my little sister!