Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sincere Prayer


Today I was kicking my kid's butts in Candyland. I got an awesome card on my very first pick and pretty much got to the end of the game off of that card. We all took another turn and on my turn I got a double purple and was one play away from winning. Fastest game in history and I was glad because sometimes these games draaaaaaaag. Upon seeing that things were quickly ending, Sabine jumped into action with a heartfelt prayer to Heavenly Father. She actually said to me "Oh no! I better say a prayer dat you don't win."


"Dear Heavenly Fodder,

Please, please help dat my mommy doesn't win. Because I fink I win all sorts of times and please just help dat my mommy loses this game."

As she ended her prayer I was laughing because she was doing this in all seriousness. I made a commotion and distracted the girls from finishing the game because I didn't want to win after she so lovingly prayed on my behalf to lose. I couldn't at that moment see what her reaction would be if I did win and Heavenly Father didn't answer her prayer. When she was done I thought that was blog worthy. Then I made her pose for a pic while she prayed. She repeated the same prayer and the look on her face is while she pleads for me to "not win."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that girl! Remember when Hannah prayed in the shopping cart at Smiths that I would please buy her some M&Ms. I totally had to get her some after that.

jhoopes said...

That is so cute and hilarious at the same time. And sweet.