Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sabine's First Day of School!!

Sabine is going to The Monte Vista High School preschool this year. It's fluff preschool and the kids mostly play, but at least she is out of the house getting some socialization. She was so excited to start and had a fun first day. She was a bit slow getting dressed this morning but then I pulled out her Dora backpack filled with her snack and she jumped to it. She even ate her breakfast with the backpack on. It contained a bottle of water, fruit snacks and some grapes. The grapes made it back home. When I was walking her across campus, she was busy making friends. She smiled and waved to everyone! She would come upon a group of six 17 year old boys and she would smile and wave and they would wave right back to her and say "Hi". She was in heaven!! She couldn't believe she got to go to school with all of these people. I got her to her classroom and she left me in her dust and ignored me until I left. I went over to say goodbye to her and she was busy showing a group of 16 year old girls her snack in her Dora backpack. I wanted to cry, but I didn't. I left her there and she had the time of her life. When I picked her up I asked her what her favorite part was, she said "Um, oh, clean-up time!" She can't wait to go back on Thursday. Sarah enjoyed her alone time at home. She had fun playing by herself and with me. Here are pics of Sabine:
At the breakfast table, being cute:

Just before I snapped her picture she folded her arms, bowed her head and closed her eyes and started praying. For what I don't know, but it seemed appropriate to pray right then:

3 comments:

Sally said...

How exciting! This is a big day for you, the mom! Today was Benji's first day of preschool here and one of the moms was a little teary, it was her first child's first day at a preschool of any kind.

We totally miss our playgroup. I hope Sabine loves preschool. As long as she continues to pray on the sidewalk every day before school, things should go okay.

Paige said...

She's hilarious. Bea won't eat her fruit either but is excited to see her tomorrow.

Cathy said...

She is so grown up. HOw is preschool going?