Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Husband, the Polygamist

I find it as hard to blog these days as it is for me to eat healthily. It just ain't happenin'. But, Sabine and I have had cute conversations lately and I want them recorded. Some may find this boring...I don't. This morning as I was trying to get through the chaos that is the hour before church, I was ironing (no Saturday is a special day here) and Sabine was watching "Cindoowella". The part came on where Cinderella gets a new outfit from her Fairy Godmother and Sabine says:
S- "Mom, isn't that dress WONDERFUL?"
M- "Ooohh yeah! It's so pretty. You know, you get to wear a dress like that someday."
S- "When?"
M- "When you get married you can where a beautiful dress just like that one."
S- "But who will marry me?" (when she said this, my heart leapt up to my throat and choked me. Who indeed! I'm in NO hurry to find out. If ever.)
M- "Oh, lots of people are going to want to marry you."
S- "But I want to marry you."
M- "Ohhh, thanks Bug! But you can't marry me. You'll want to marry a boy."
S- "Oh, well den maybe Daddy will marry me."
M- "But Daddy is married to me, then who will I be married to?"
S- "Oh, you can marry Misell."
M- "But she's a girl and I want to marry a boy." (not to mention she's my sister)
S- "Weeellll, I can marry Daddy. Oh, who will Sarah marry? Maybe she can marry Daddy too, yeah. Den we will aaaaalllll be married."
So cute. So off we go to church and I put in The Children's Songbook CD to quiet up the kids and let me breathe for a minute in peace. The second song is "I Lived In Heaven". When Sabine heard the first words "I lived in Heaven a long time ago it is truuuuue", she said to me, "Oh Mommy, your Daddy lives in heaven." I said "Yes, he does (long sigh)." To which Sabine replied, "Yeah, he lives with his Mommy now. Oh, and his Dada." She then asked me my Dad's name because she forgets it often (she only met him a handful of times). I told her it was "Grandpa Kimball" and she corrected me and said "No Mom, it's Papa Kimball." Oh, I stand corrected! Then she asked what his Daddy's name was and I answered "Ernie." Sabine said "Oh, like my favorite movie Elmo and Ernie!!" Yup, just like. Precious. This stemmed from another conversation we had on Saturday.
(In the car)
Sabine asked Matthew a question about something that led to Matthew saying that Grandpa Kimball lived in heaven now (that was the first time she had heard that. I don't say much about his death to her). To which Sabine replied:
S- "But I don't want him to live in heaven!"
Me-"But he's so happy there, Bug. He loves it. He get to live with Jesus. And he gets to live with his mommy and daddy again."
S- "I don't want him to live in heaven."
Me- "Well, where do you want him to live?"
S- "Wit Misell."
Me- "Well, he's really happy living with Jesus and his Mama and Daddy."
S- "What is his mama and dada's name?"
Me- "Belle and Ernie."
S- "Ernie?" (i knew where this was going)
Me- "Yup Ernie."
S- "Like on my favorite movie(Sesame Street) Elmo and Ernie?"
Me- "Well, not that Ernie, just another Ernie."
You'll notice Sabine's speaking is pretty much shaping up. I typed this as she would say it. I'm sad to see her baby talk going away. She is getting so big. Here are some pics of both girls eating their "ahcurn" (as Sarah would say) and watching a movie before bed tonight:

I pinch Sarah's cheeks no less than 50 times a day

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah looks 1 going on 4! they are so cute..i miss them!

Sally said...

Sarah! When did she grow up so much! :( I can't stand it when they grow up.

Sabine is adorable. We look at our playgroup picture book at church on Sundays and we miss all of you.

J said...

I can't believe how much older Sarah looks than Annie. What a cutie, she's looking like such a little girl.