Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday Confessional

So I came up with this idea of Sunday Confessional on Friday as I was getting ready for a Christmas party. What I wanted to wear was a no-brainer. I wore this, my FAVORITE shirt of all time: When I put it on I came up with an idea for my blog. It will be a weekly installment called, you guessed it, Sunday Confessional. I'm pretty much a perfect angel so I'll have to dig deep for material.

Well, here's the confession- This favorite shirt of mine is a MATERNITY shirt. That's right! When I was pregnant with Sarah, I bought this shirt at Bellies-n-Babies in D-ville and to pay for it, I had to give up my firstborn. I wore it for 2 months and then Sarah came and it got packed away. One day the next Fall, I got to thinking about that shirt...I thought "Hmm, I really like that shirt, wonder if it fits without the belly?" Luck was on my side and I have been wearing it ever since (1 year). I have definitely gotten my money's worth out of it and then some. When people compliment me on the shirt, I always smile and say thankyou but I never tell them I should be 9 months pregnant to wear it. Here's a picture taken about a month before Sarah came:

And if you're patient, you'll see my nice, plump belly filling out my fave shirt in about 4 to 6 months.

12 comments:

Paige said...

WHAT???? Sooo happy for you. I can't wait to see your belly filling that pretty shirt out. And there ain't nothing cuter than a baby belly on a skinny girl.

CONGRATS! Can I come to the birth? Kidding. Kind of.

Anonymous said...

Ok chica- listen to your answering machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! So happy for you!

barbara said...

Yea!! I am so excited! Hope you are feeling good!

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!!! Congratulations! Cute shirt.:)

Cathy said...

Great way to announce that coming baby! We are very excited for you. Well...I am, I'll wait and see if Stephen is up on his blog reading!

J said...

I was wondering where you were going with the green shirt... Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys. I'll need good baby company.

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! So excited!

jhoopes said...

Congrats! That was a good way to announce a new baby! I am impressed with your creativity. And I'm glad the shirt has been worth every penny. :)

Kristin said...

Congratulations! Good thing you have a shirt handy already!

moodymadness said...

I tried to think of something mean to say, but couldn't come up with anything. So I guess I'll concede, and say "good job". And good luck. And glad it's you and not me. And what the hell are you thinking? JK...kind of. Hey, and I too, want to come to the birth.

Sally said...

Woohoo! Yahoo! This is great news!

Oh, you are going to have so much fun. Not the pregnancy, but the baby. I am jealous.

Congratulations. I hope you are feeling good.

Celia Fae said...

I'm slightly disappointed. I was thinking the Sunday confessional was going to be real. I totally want to steal that idea.

Congrats in the pregnancy and even more on your cleverness!