Monday, December 8, 2008

My Special Project

Remember a few weeks ago when I said I was in the middle of an amazing project? You don't! Well, I'm not looking up the post I wrote to link you to my mention of it, just believe me.

After copious amounts of blood, sweat and tears (literally, all three), too many hours to count (which I didn't log and should have, but I'm guessing a combined total of 25-30 hours, probably more), and lots of help and encouragment from Liz and Cheryl, I have finished my amazing project.

Here are poorly lit pictures I took tonight, just as my camera battery died and cannot be re-charged because I left my charger in Tahoe and I'm not buying a new one for $80 if there is any chance of me retrieving it on my way to Utah:

Sabine and Sarah's:

Mine and Matthew's:I did all of the embroidery by hand. It took me easily 8 hours to do all 4:These stocking are a true work of love, because let me tell you, they were not easy to make. I made them all by myself from original bolts of fabric. I quilted the fabric, learned how to use a sewing machine, learned to embroider and had many lessons in patience. I don't feel bad saying that my family had better appreciate them. I made 2 extra just in case the family grew. I am not making any more. Ever. Thanks Aunt Liz and Cheryl!

I should also mention, that I made these patterned after the stockings my mom made for us when we were kids. I love the look of them and am so happy they are finished.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow..I'm impressed. Good job!

Cathy said...

You did an awesome job! You go girl. They are beautiful..can't wait to see them hung up on the fireplace..you are bringing them...right??

Sally said...

1. your blog looks so cute

2. the pictures of Sabine and Sarah are adorable

3. I am 100% impressed by your project! WOW! I didn't know you had that in you! That was a labor of love and it must have been fun and frustrating at the same time. I truly am impressed, way to be a good mom and wife and learn a new hobby.

Kristin said...

Nice job! You'll proudly display those forever! I can't wait to see them in person.

Anonymous said...

These are awesome. I am so jealous. I feel like I have no time to do stuff like that anymore. Not that I could do those amazing stockings, but crafty things in general. Well done. Have a piece of fudge. :)

Sarah Larsen said...

Congrats on #3!!!!!! And WOW Suzie homemaker...who knew???? You did and awesome job!!!!!

jhoopes said...

Congrats! They turned out really good!! Now you can enjoy them forever and ever.