Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Apple Hill

Last Friday we went to Apple Hill, which is about 3 hours away. It's a fun Fall place to bring kids. We had perfect weather and had alot of fun. My kids won't get on ponies for me to take a cute picture. So I got a picture of them watching their friend, Mirabelle (2), ride a pony:
Picking their very own apples from a bin...apples do grow in bins don't they?:
Sabine made a friend at the pond that bought her about $10 worth of duck food. I watched the whole thing from afar and marvelled at the fact that she made friends with a 30 something girl without my involvement. She is just not shy:I didn't get a picture of me eating, in no particular order; kettle corn, a chocolatey-peanut buttery fudge thingy, an apple donut with sugar glaze and an apple donut with sugar crumble on it. Trust me, it was all really good. Later I ate an apple to un-do some of the damage.

Isn't this duck pretty? :

Filling the pond with fish. They bring a truck in every Friday and hook a chute up to it and put about 6 or 7 hundred fish in a little man-made pond. There were alot of people fishing. Poor fish:
Sabine and Sarah:

I should mention (because I'd get a lashing for posting pictures) that Aunt Sue Sue and Aunt Shar were also there. As was Shiloh, the newest member of the family. Lots of fun had by all.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Fun post! Good pictures! Poor fish.

jhoopes said...

Looks like a lot of fun. We never made it to Apple Hill. Too bad for us. And I even married someone from the area!!

J said...

Cute pictures of the girls. Looks like a fun place to take the kiddos.