Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sabine Says..

Today we ran a few errands as a family to Target and Toys'R'Us. We were actually looking for a bike for Sabine's birthday. As we piled into the car to go home, Sabine said "Mom and Dad, I want to go to Babies'Q R S." We had a good laugh over that.

Lately in the car, Sabine has been doing Knock Knock jokes with me. I don't know where she learned how to do them, but this is her version of things:

S-"Mom, knock knock."
M-"Who's there?"
S-"Mommy."
M-"Mommy who?"
S-"Mommy poo poo." (giggling like that is THE funniest thing in the world)

S-"Knock knock."
M-"Who's there?"
S-"Daddy."
M-"Daddy who?"
S-"Daddy hair!!" (more giggling from Sabine)

S-"Knock knock."
M-"Who's there?"
S-"Darah."
M-"Sarah who?"
S-"Darah eye!!" (lots more giggling)

And so on. She thinks these are so funny and actually I do too. When I try to teach her one, like the banana/orange one, it is beyond her. She doesn't find my joke funny so I go down to her level and tell one like she would. And then she laughs like I'm doing stand-up.

2 comments:

Paige said...

Like a bike. Get it at Target. It's a little wooden thing and she and Bea can be the only 3 year olds on two wheels.

Lindsey Phipps Wise said...

How funny that Sabine is loving the potty jokes too. Mirabelle is the same way and laughs hysterically over the mere mention of poo poo. I guess the humor comes along with the child?? Your girls are so adorable and we're looking forward to getting to play again soon! :)