Sunday, April 19, 2009

Until They Fight Over Clothes, Make-up and Boys

Overheard in the car today:

Sarah- "Mama, I passed stinky gas."
Me- "Yeah, I know, I smell it."
Sabine- (politely lets one rip) "No, I passed stinky gas."
Sarah- 'No, Meena, I passed stinky gas."
Sabine- "No, Sarah, I did!"
Sarah- "No, Meena, I. Passed. Da. Stinky. Gas!!"
Sabine- "I passed THE GAS!"
Sarah- (starting to cry because she wants the credit) "No, Meena, I passed the gas!!"
Me- "Girls, enough, you both passed gas. Okay? You both stink."

Consequently, my girls have no idea the word "fart" even exists and I hope it stays that way. I also wish my biggest fights with Matthew were over who passed the gas. Well, I guess sometimes they are. Matthew generally wins that one.

4 comments:

Sally said...

Wow. Remind me never to ride in your car.

When Lainey passes gas, she said "I burp" and points to her bottom.

Kristin said...

I love Sarah and Sabine stories!

Anonymous said...

How....sweet?

jhoopes said...

That one made me laugh--a lot. :)