Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hmm, what to do?

About a month ago, I spent a good part of a morning teaching Sarah how to open the fridge herself so that she can get her milk cup while I remain lazy and comfortable on the couch. It's been great.

But this morning she got me.

I was once again lazily draped all over the couch when she plopped a huge mass of cheese in front of me. Well, shoot. Do I get up and cut her a piece, or do I spend the rest of my morning teaching her how to climb up onto the counter to get a sharp knife? I can hear myself now "Yes Sarah, I'll cut you a piece of cheese. Remember to bring mommy a sharp knife."

Maybe I'll just explain the importance of my "lazy time" and make her wait for her cheese. That, or let her take bites out of the block of Tillamook.

No comments: