We were about 3 minutes into our delicious DiGornio pizza (I know, lazy and so high class) when Sabine said "Guys, we should say a prayer." Always fun to have your three year old remind you to say a prayer over the food. She quickly volunteered to say it and what followed snapped me out of my blogging funk. I had to get this down or else I would one day forget it. Here it is as I remember it:
"Our Father in heaven, (she actually uses those words)
Thankyou for the food,
We hope that the care bear has hair (??)
We hope that we don't run out of energy
And that we don't run out of soap and water
And that we reduce, reuse, recycle.
We hope that Mommy gets her new baby out
and that we get to jump on the bouncy bed." (she thinks a bouncy bed is coming, don't know why)
And then she ended her prayer.
As she ended her prayer, I had to wipe the huge smile off my face and stop my giggles. During the prayer I had tucked my head into Matthew to hide from Sabine in case she saw me laughing at her prayer. I couldn't help it, it was so funny and cute. Matthew was laughing too.
I love Sabine's prayers. They are all sincere and thought out. They all last at least a minute if not more. She prayers for things that I don't even realize she knows about. I actually learn quite a bit from this girl. She's amazing to me.
4 comments:
Don't forget at my house when I had 2 bites of cereal left and she informed me that we hadn't blessed the food. It was a funny prayer but I can't remember what she said.
I'm just glad you remembered to reduce reuse and recycle. I'm hoping that pizza was on paper plates so she could fulfill her end of the bargain.
That really is soooo funny!!! I love the innocence and honesty of children's prayers!!
What an excellent prayer. Does she sing the Jack Johnson song about the 3 Rs? Because that would make a pretty darn fun prayer.
Good luck with the bouncy bed.
Post a Comment