Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Out Of My Hands

Sarah, no longer a baby. I can no longer hold her there and I've really been good about letting her go. I know another one is on it's way, but she is growing up too fast for me. Anyway, February 16th marked a pretty special day in our home- Sarah bravely threw her "ginkys" in the garbage. She tried to dig one out an hour later so I took a scissor and cut off the sucky part of all of them. I didn't do that in front of her but it made me not care if she started digging again.

I was really worried about taking her one main comfort in life away, but she did amazingly well. The first night she dug around in her crib for it but she eventually gave up and slept after three songs. There were also 2 nights that she had to be taken out of her room at midnight because she was so distraught. But other than that, I am breathing a sigh of relief that it went so well. Although nap time has taken a nosedive. We're working on it.

I had it in my mind to wait 3 weeks post-binky and then finalize Sarah's potty skills. She had other plans. We did it that same week instead and I must admit I cried a few tears over the fact that she was doing things her own way. I wanted her in diapers for just a titch longer. She's only just barely 2. She was ready earlier and I had to go with that. Why are my kids so in control of their own selves? Soon she's going to want to dress herself and if you ask me that day can't come fast enough. I would love to not have to dress my kids right now. She can just about get her undies up but her butt has a hard time getting tucked in properly. So she's binky free and potty trained and I can relax just a bit until the baby arrives.

This post is supposed to have really cute pics of Sarah included. My "f" drive is having issues and won't pull up my pictures. I'm mad. I'll add them as soon as someone fixes the problem.

2 comments:

Paige said...

I don't recognize that cute girl without the binky!

J said...

Annie went diaper free for the first time today and went pee all over her bedroom, we'll try it agin another day.